We have a family tradition that a lot of people find strange: when someone is sick, he or she gets to choose any food (that the doctor does not disallow) and we say yes with no questions asked. It's based on the very simple theory that if the taste buds are tickled, the appetite is better and, instead of getting weaker from eating meagerly, a sick person gains strength by ... »
The day we brought Penny home was a holiday. I can't recall exactly if it was Good Friday or Black Saturday but it was one of these two because we had such a difficult time finding a place to have lunch before proceeding to my cousin's house to pick up the puppy. Because Sam is vegetarian, it was twice as hard. Finding a restaurant that serves dishes for omnivores and ... »
When Alex began her national tour (she's in Theater), one of her biggest worries was that Penny would forget her as a result of the separation. Penny had been with us for only a few weeks at the time and she was still getting familiar with her new home and new family. Most legs of the tour last for a week, others are as long as two weeks but, in between, Alex is home. What ... »
- In this weather, it would be cruel to bathe a beagle twice a year
- Why our pup Penny picked blue over orange: a story about dog collars and vision
- When does a beagle reach its full size?
- The first day of the Christmas break
- Playing Uno this weekend. Disney Princess edition.
- How to get the stink off your shoes
- Addiction to cinnamon rolls may be a health hazard